Thursday, November 6, 2008

PLAY AND LEARN



Play and learn..........the perfect title for a perfect book. This is my favorite in Chick Pea as it is ideal for a child Kobys age(5).
Koby has many of the same habits I had at age 5. I have so many memories of myself at his age. I am in my bedroom sitting in the middle of my room and around me is a perfect circle of "friends". These friends are my treasured little ponies, my doll named Nalley(I named her after my favorite salad dressing), and a few g.i. joes(given that I had an older brother this made perfect sense.) I can feel the sun shining warmly on me through my 2 big windows and I am soooooooooo very happy. I loved being on my own in my room. Coloring and Drawing for hours. Koby is the very same. I actually get teary eyed watching him as I am so happy that he can be so content on his own. He doesn't need me or anyone else to entertain him, just his imagination. This to me is such a gift. He was such a busy busy bee as a toddler that it is hard to believe at times just how fast he has grown up. We get home from school and he goes straight to his room to find his books and pens. He gets under his covers in his bed. Surrounds himself with all of his friends(transformers, cars, stuffed animals) and draws until bedtime.
The new Giant Play and Learn Book is his favorite. Filled with tons to get the imagination soaring...........sketches partly done, stickers, doodles, etc.....If you have any little person aged 4 to 7 in your family I would definitely recommend this book!

No comments: