Thursday, October 23, 2008

Ants, kangaroos, and tigers...



I recently learned that kids can memorize words really early - as young as 12 months - by associating them with a picture. It's a different way to teach our kids than the traditional "A" is for "apple" which works when they're a little older (like 5 or 6).

So I'm testing it out - and so far Addie loves these flashcards - and definitely recognizes the animals (although no words yet). We pull them out when she's eating in her chair and essentially distract her from throwing food to the dog. I highly recommend these - very unisex designs - and beautiful patterns and artwork we can all enjoy.

Have fun!

Kim

2 comments:

Tricia said...

I enjoyed visiting your store. Love the clean crisp look of it. very inviting! We recently found out we are having another baby! I will SOOOOOOOO be back!

Sarah said...

Thanks Tricia, that is so sweet!!!! Congratulations on your pregnancy, how exciting. See you soon.
Sarah.
xo