Friday, October 10, 2008

Library Camouflage and Outpatient Togs


I have blogged about books before - so you know we have an addiction - and we decided to drink our fill today at the Port Moody Library. I'm always curious to see what Addie will pick out (this week was a sushi board book - yay! good taste points!). It was 2 degrees when we set out so i bundled Addie up in the new organic cotton Velour Katvig stripes. Little did i know it would be library camouflage! As she ran down the aisles she fit in like a Cheetah on the Savannah.



Little did i know we'd be in the emergency room an hour later. We went home, had a great lunch of fresh crunchy Italian bread and Tuscan ham, and then fully fueled up she proceeded to dive head first into my (gorgeous but completely child inappropriate) white leather barcelona chair. Of course the safety devices on the corners had been removed by little fingers five minutes before the accident and now i feel like i deserve the terrible mom of the year award.

So this is where we ended up. and i have to say, for outpatient gear, this little suit held up and did its job. And camouflaged the blood quite well. Alls well - a little crazy glue was all it took to shore up that little scalp wound - and I'm thankful we don't have to shave her head for Thanksgiving. I've waited long enough for the hair we've got!!!

I think she earned her stripes today.

Take care of those little ones! And do share your emergency room stories on the comments...it would make me feel much better!

Kim
xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the opportunity to help with Adde in ER--a grandmother, and an ex ER nurse. Long delays were not so common when I was working in ER from the 1970's to early 2000's. I truly think its harder to be a parent now. Adelaide had a rush of adrenaline after her accident--and was on the run in the waiting room. Now I know what its like to try to contain those little busy people for hours. Kimberley wisely had the car stocked with stroller, toys, and diversions-- thank goodness. Its always great to take two adults to ER--one to wait in the waiting room and one to walk with baby outside--consider having your diaper bag packed and by the door all the time--and then you are ready for all emergencies. Minor accidents are very likely when first walking and then running--I think I should design a padded suit for her--and maybe a designer helmut. She is so sweet and so busy. Thanks for inviting me to help Kim.